THE BATH MUSEUM
Penn and Washington Streets, 2nd Floor
Bath, PA 18014
Phone: 610-837-1648 Fax: 610-837-8989
The Bath Museum evolved from an organization which was originally known as the Bath Improvements Committee.
Through the efforts of Marjorie Rehrig, Agnes Melinsky, and Evelyn Hartzell, who first worked together on the Borough’s 250th anniversary in 1987, what was once the first grade of the Red Brick Bath Public School, has been transformed into what is now the museum. The museum opened its doors to the public September 21, 2000.
The Museum illustrates life in the Borough and the people who had lived and worked there. Articles dating back to the early 1800’s and 1900’s are on display. Photos, clothing, furniture and other items had been generously contributed by the local residents who had most of it stored away in their attics. They were things their parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents had used in their early lives.
The Bath Museum Committee continues to take permanent care of the significant artifacts. They are currently seeking people to oversee the collection, care, and educational benefit of these important items. Anyone interested in volunteering, please contact Marjorie Rehrig at 610-837-0624, Evelyn Hartzell at 610-837-7004, Diane Miller at 610-837-8647 or Staci Hujsa.
Museum hours: 10:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. every third (3rd) Saturday of the month with the exception of December, when it will be open the first (1st) Saturday. Group tours welcome, admission is free and is handicapped accessible. Contact any of the above listed phone numbers.